Back in the Day - Pete the Pot Pie

As you may have surmised from my previous post, I like cooking for people. At times, I've even thrown together an impromptu gathering, just so that I could force others to ingest my culinary delights.

Here's another one from the history books. His name is Pete, and he's a Chicken Pot Pie... sort of. He's got a biscuit crust, made from another of my specialties, Biscuits Supreme (from an old GH cookbook), instead of pastry.

To start with, I made a quick "ghetto stew" with potatoes, frozen mixed veggies, chicken, and chicken gravy. Tossed it into the pan, and covered it with a slab of biscuit dough. Then I scored the dough, so it would be easier to dole out to the hungry masses, and poked a few holes in a special "steam releasing" pattern. I had a bit of leftover dough, and really, what's a girl to do with leftover dough?

No comments:

Post a Comment